Among all the SEO techniques, article submission can be one of the most successful. Article submission generally refers to the writing of articles that are relevant to your online business and then getting them added to the popular article submission directories.
The main purpose behind article submission is to attract a large number of visitors (and links) to your website without incurring a great cost. Obviously, it is important to make sure that the articles you intend to submit are directly related or relevant to your business.
There are various benefits of article submission including advertising, marketing and publicity of your business on the World Wide Web. Two of the main benefits are:
- Article submissions can enhance and improve the ranking of your online business in search engines by increasing the quantity of backlinks and PR.
- Another benefit that article submission offers is that of establishing the particular website owner as an expert in their industry. By providing valuable detail and information within articles, it builds the trust of potential customers thereby giving them a reason to visit your website.
5 key points to consider while writing articles
During the process of article submission do not forget to consider below 5 key points. Following these points will meet the purpose of both i.e. your target audience and search engines.
- Articles should be original and information rich.
- Articles should be keyword rich but not excessive to the point of keyword stuffing.
- The average length of articles should be between 250 and 700.
- Give a unique title to your article with main keyword into it so as to make it easy for web crawlers to identify and classify the topic of your article.
- Giving subheadings, bullets and numberings to articles make it presentable and easy to read for potential customers.
A Few Quick Optimization Tips
Make sure you use SEO best practices. Use keywords in the article title, use different variations of the keyword/phrase throughout the content, optimize the url (if possible), deep link to inner pages on your site.